Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Friday, June 12, 2015

Three hours, three kittens

Last night I drove to far north and east Scarborough to try to rescue some kittens and check out a new trapping situation.  As I was on my way there I had a flashback, I realized it was the route I took exactly one year ago to visit a very sick Teddy.  Today is the anniversary of his death, I still miss him every day I feed at the yard.  I broke down in tears last night as I was driving but I shook it off reminding myself that I was off to save kittens and that would be how I would honor him.

A lovely lady named Casey has been feeding a few ferals outside her house and knew the moms had seven kittens.  When I got there no sign of them but thankfully I found them at the neighbours and quickly got two in traps.  The rest scattered and we waited.  I managed to get one more before the sun set, at least three were one their way to a new life.


Not to worry, we will be going back for the rest and to get the adults fixed.

If you are in the east end of Toronto tomorrow (Sat June 13), please drop by our annual sale at 1101 Queen Street East, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., lots of good stuff for a good cause and the fabulous Connie is making cupcakes!

No comments:

Post a Comment