Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Winter arrives

I guess we've been spoiled this winter it felt like such a shock yesterday and today.  It was the first time for frozen water and leftover frozen canned food.  Today it was a bit milder and sunny and almost all the cats came out.  Water seemed to be their priority, how I wish we had an electrical source to use one of those heated water bowls, I just use bigger bowls and hope they have a bit of time to drink before it freezes.
Jet and MC head straight for the water
All the leftover frozen food
You may remember Marvin, who was rescued a few weeks ago.  I took him to the Toronto Humane Society yesterday, I always feel a bit sad doing that, but Jackie went by today to see him and there was so much interest that they expected him to get adopted before they closed tonight.  How great is that!  Can you imagine him out in this weather?  I love looking at the rescued cats curled up inside on a chilly night, and worry about my feral friends who can't have that same luxury.




No comments:

Post a Comment