Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Sunday, August 14, 2016

Beating the heat

The heat lately has been brutal, it just makes me want to lie around, kind of like my guys here are doing.
But the colonies still need feeding, the cats don't seem as affected by the heat as I am, I'm sure they prefer it to January any day.   We did some trapping last week, some successful, some not, and I'm frustrated by a couple of people who have a kitten situation but won't do the slightest thing to help. One feeder says she is too busy to trap the kittens, I found a foster for them, they are about 6 weeks old the perfect age!  We tried but there was no sign of them, she continues to feed them, how hard would it be to put out a kitten trap!  It's the difference between them having loving homes and living a hard short life on the street.  OK, end of rant, I'm off to feed my feral friends, they at least are grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment