Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Tuesday, August 2, 2016

What's the kitten count?

On my walk this evening over to Riverdale Park to see the sun set, I was thinking about how many kittens we've rescued so far this year, and by we I mean all the people who don't hang up when I call and ask them if they can take one more kitten, and Lesley, who even though she is in her 70s, is out trapping or driving or rescuing every day of the year, and Annex Cat Rescue, who has been doing all the vetting and adopting out of what seems to be endless kittens.  I think the count may be around 75 but I stopped keeping track.

Tonight I saw Sandi's cuties, now ready for adoption, the last of our Haliburton kittens.  Hooray for that!  And cheers to everyone who fosters, drives, traps, feeds, adopts, all for the love of cats.  

No comments:

Post a Comment