Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Friday, April 21, 2017

My rounds

On a day when I'm feeding more than one colony my day goes something like this, after feeding my home colony and doing any catsits, I head to the CG colony where we have 10 cats who live in a laneway.  It's only a 5 minute drive, and I leave them with six or seven bowls of canned food and the same of dry food and water of course.  Since it's a laneway and can be busy I don't always see all the cats but usually see at least a half dozen.

In the afternoon I head south and go first to the yard where I feed our two groups of four, they are big canned food eaters and because they are all getting old, I often spoil them with Fancy Feast.  Then down the road I go to Mystery's spot, she is always there, unfortunately I rarely see Patches and Owen now due to the changes, but I have seen them in the last few weeks so I know they are ok. Around the corner to my last (and newest) feeding location, I love these two cats, Sadie the tortie gets so excited about her food, she dances!  They are the youngest of all I feed they are probably only about three years old, but in the most dangerous location.  Every day I breathe a sigh of relief when I see all my regulars.
And then I fit in a lovely walk along the Spit, I love this time of the year, and the lake, especially if it's choppy and wavy, reminds me of the ocean.  On weekdays sometimes I'm lucky and don't see another person, just the water and the birds and the sky.
Then it's home to a sinkful of dishes to get ready for another day.

1 comment:

  1. What I like about blogs, it always give me a view of people across the globe, this is some intereting writing, thank you for sharing it with us and keep posting such posts

    ReplyDelete