Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Monday, July 2, 2018

Marching on

I took Lily and Tibbs to their new home last week, they of course were scared but thanks to the webcam Verena can see what they are doing.  Lily looks pretty relaxed, poor Tibbs hides a lot but that was to be expected, it's a huge adjustment for them.  Josh is going to build them a catio so that will be amazing for them.  Three more cats to trap, it's so strange feeding there now, from a high of 21 cats just six years ago to this, and soon it will be none.  I know it had to happen eventually but it's all so sudden, and I still have the worry and responsibility of hoping they will be happy inside.  I swore to this group of cats that I would care for them to the end of their days.  I have other community cats I feed but it's different, these cats are like a first love.  Last weekend we kept walking back to the dumpster even though there aren't cats there any more but yesterday I decided it was time and packed up all the shelters.

We still managed to find time last week to do some TNR before the heat wave, finally caught two more females at Larry's and also got a few males from various locations too.


No comments:

Post a Comment