Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Monday, July 23, 2018

No more cats on Cherry Street

It's been an emotional few days for me, on Friday we easily caught Pseudo, and with that, we have closed down the colony.  Of course I have other colonies I feed at, but I've been feeding the Cherry St gang for over nine years, multiple times a week, and I swore to them I would see them through to the end, it just isn't the end I expected.  Six of them are now safe inside after all these years.  I believe they will all adjust to varying degrees.  I will miss seeing them all excited for their meal when we arrive.  I always felt good about it, hard to imagine now that there was once dozens of cats running around the location.  I shed some tears for sure and the weekend was so strange just driving by.  I have to say that I am profoundly tired, but lots of catsitting to do, more kittens and cats to trap....

1 comment:

  1. Must have been an emotional day for you after caring for the colony for 9 years & now it no longer exists. Hmm you may have to change the name of your blog. Let us know if the last cats brought in are adoptable.

    ReplyDelete