Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Community counts

Last year we were able to get our colony registered with Toronto Cat Rescue. It has been a huge help, allowing us to access discounted rates for spay/neuter. A little piece I wrote about caring for our colony was just posted on TCR's blog, check it out at http://torontocatrescue.wordpress.com/2011/02/15/feeding-ferals-rain-snow-and-sunshine/

It's great to share our kitties and feel part of a larger community.

This cat is one of a few that we call UBCs, unidentified black cats, because there are 3 or 4, and we can't tell them apart. Thank God for eartipping.
This is a rare photo of Minky. He is one of Clayton's two cats. Clayton works and lives in the boatyard but he takes off to warmer climes from December to March so we feed them. They live under the wheelwheel of the trailer. Sometimes I only see them every couple of days.
And this is Clyde, Minky's buddy. I'm glad they have each other.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Robin,

    I just read your blog entry on the TCR website and I wanted to commend you and all the others involved with helping these kitties - thanks goodness they have you.

    I'm previous foster home & volunteer with TCR, now working with Annex Cat Rescue. I too have a blog - this one from a foster home's view, please feel free to visit anytime www.catfosterparent.blogspot.com. Almost 8 years later, our current foster "Farley" is our 56th foster!!!!

    Also please let me know how I can help the Cherry Street Cats - feel free to contact me via email: lmn@sympatico.ca

    ReplyDelete