Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Survival mode

My posts feel a bit repetitive these days but with the winter we've been having, my preoccupation is just getting the cats through the winter. It's been cold and snowy, and I worry about the cats. Their water freezes, their canned food freezes if they don't get to it within minutes. We spend a lot of time shovelling little paths for them. I can't wait for it to end.

I don't know if Teddy is just cold and welcomes a warm hand, but he has been much friendlier, letting me pat and even brush him.
Luckily the little group of seven at Harry's have a trailer to sleep in. There are shelters in the trailer. It's still cold but out of the snow and wind. Mo is one of the males I still have to trap and have neutered. I haven't had any luck yet. He's starting to get that tom head. I was trying to get Henry, the sprayer and even managed to briefly pick him up on Sunday but I tried it again when I had a carrier with me and no luck, I think he recognized the carrier and knew it meant V-E-T.

No comments:

Post a Comment