Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Thursday, February 3, 2011

Snowpocalypse

Tuesday night I tossed and turned, worrying about how I would get to the ferals the next day. The Weather Network was forecasting doom and it seemed the city might be shut down by the massive snowfall predicted. I was relieved Wednesday morning when I awoke. Still, there would be lots of shovelling to clear the cats's feeding stations and shelters.

Thankfully Tory, with her 4 wheel drive, came and picked me up and we went down together. Two shovels are better than one. We shovelled until our shoulders ached.

Even though it was cold and windy, we saw about 15 cats and made sure everyone got water and food.

Maggie couldn't wait, and just ate right by the car.

Here's Tory surveying one feeding station.

No excitement about a snow day for us. I don't mean to sound like a party pooper, but when you have cats who depend on you, this weather sucks. Our location is pretty much only accessible by car, so curling up on the sofa and watching the flakes fall is not an option. Hope the groundhog is right!

2 comments:

  1. Me too. I've had enough of this worrying about outdoor animals. I used to love the winter but now I know too much :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I felt exactly the same on Tuesday and Wednesday worry about all the animals who were having to live outside

    ReplyDelete