Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Friday, June 3, 2011

Maggie has a home too

It's time to reveal my secret. Maggie, one of the cats from the colony, has been living with us since February. I didn't want to say anything until I was sure it would work out. Her first stay didn't go well, but I felt so guilt ridden seeing her down there in the snow living under a garbage truck I decided to try again.

Sometimes patience (lots of it!) pays off and she is part of our family now. She is still skittish and there are occasional skirmishes with the other cats but I can pat her and she happily plays with toys and as you can see she sits on the sofa.

After almost a month without seeing Tibbs, she reappeared at Harry's on the weekend, looking a bit thin but fine otherwise. Wonder where she was.

Just a couple of scratching shots. Hope they don't have fleas. I apply Revolution to the cats I can touch.
And yes, even feral cats do cute things.

No comments:

Post a Comment