Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Wednesday, February 29, 2012

My glamorous life

I spend an inordinate amount of time now around dumpsters, not to dump garbage but to feed cats. In fact, I take any garbage and recycling home as I don't want to abuse the hospitality of my hosts.
This is Tibbs, it's been over 2 years since her last litter of kittens thankfully.
And then there is Pebbles, who I still don't know is male or female - he/she was fixed before my arrival of the scene.
Arrow is another of the dumpster cats, they are the ones in the middle, without the nice secure setup at Hank's and Harry's. So we put their food down under an old boat and between dumpsters.
I've started feeding twice a week at a spot near me to help someone out. She has been taking care of two cats for over a year now. For some reason, the tenants like to throw their scraps on the lawn.
This is Mimi, she is now spayed and shelters under a neighbour's porch.

I can't say that years ago I would have imagined this is how I would spend my time but all in all it doesn't seem so bad.

1 comment:

  1. I think it's wonderful that you step in and care for these cats who are out there because some other human being didn't care.

    ReplyDelete