Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Now it feels like kitten season...

When we fed at the colony on Saturday we were very surprised to see a new cat, this lovely dilute tortie.  Funnily enough, when I tried to get close she didn't run but just sauntered away and wasn't that interested in the food I had.  She certainly didn't seem feral but I couldn't get closer than about 10 feet.  Of course I didn't have a trap with me, so I just have to hope she sticks around and I can get her.  With her markings, she is definitely female and you know what that means.
We went to visit Sandi's adorable kittens that she is fostering.  Somewhere in the picture below is the mom and seven kittens.  The kittens are 4 weeks old and doing really well.




In other kitten news, I got involved with catching two different litters of 7 or 8 week old feral kittens in Scarborough.  Lesley is socializing them, a few have still eluded me so back I go tonight.

I also checked out a new Scarborough colony some neighbours have been feeding, 4 females, 2 males, and of course kittens.    The kittens look to be about 10 weeks though and it broke my heart not being able to take them.  They will be really hard to socialize at that age and there is nobody anyway to do that anyway, everyone is full with kittens.  If they had only contacted me a few weeks before, I hate leaving kittens behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment