Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Sunday, December 8, 2013

Mostly good news!

I've been so touched by the outpouring of concern over the two senior cats I last posted about.  There are two offers of help with vetting and a couple of possibilities of homes for them so I'm feeling very positive.  They will be going to the vet in the next day or two and then we can go from there.  There still may be hurdles to overcome with potential health issues but I'm so grateful that they will have the care they need.  It really is wonderful how many people care about cats.  When I first saw those cats I felt overwhelmed thinking how can I help them, well it's only due to others that I can.

In the midst of dealing with all that, I got a call from Donna at Global Pet Foods about a kitten who ran into their store.  Poor thing was terrified, but they took it in, and I'm going tonight to pick it up.
Global kitty
Sadly, I have some bad news about the friendly black cat that I found a few weeks ago at the colony.  She had to euthanized this week due to kidney failure.   It really upset me but clearly she was already ill when I found her so at least she didn't die outside in the cold, suffering.

This cat thing is such a roller coaster of emotions.  The last couple of days I've cried both from sadness and from joy.

1 comment:

  1. Ièm sorry to hear about the black cat. Such a shame as it did not look very old. I am happy, though, to hear that you can help these poor, old seniors. I will send a donation for them in your Christmas card. If your address has changed since last year please send me the new one at debsteckly@catlover.com.

    ReplyDelete