Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Tuesday, December 10, 2013

The senior cats' first step of their journey

Today we picked up Snowball and Caesar and took them to the vet.  Blue Cross Animal Hospital generously offered to give us great rates for vetting them.  I stayed while the cats were examined.  At first glance Caesar, the 17 year old seems to be in pretty good shape, but we will need to wait until the results of the bloodwork come back.

Snowball, who is 14, appears to have more health issues.  Beyond his nails, he is still unneutered, and there are probably reasons that he isn't keeping up on his grooming.  His abdomen is definitely swollen and the vet was concerned that it might be fluid, which is never a good thing, but we will need to wait on more test results for him too.

They sent me these photos after cleaning up Snowball's paws.  I love how he is eating the treats.  The cats were both very well behaved, such sweeties.  I was so happy to get them out of where they were living and get them the care they need and deserve.  Step one down.  I have a couple of possibilities of foster homes but I wish they could go straight into a forever home....one step at a time I guess.



If you would like to donate towards their care, you can donate via paypal or you can contact Blue Cross vet directly and have your donation applied to their account, the phone number is 416-469-1121.


No comments:

Post a Comment