Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Thursday, June 12, 2014

The right thing?

Bear has been my secret foster for the last month.  At 20 years old, her family was discarding her and threatening to euthanize her.  I said I would take her in short term, unfortunately she turned out not to be a fan of other cats and I've had to keep her in a room by herself.  Bear is in pretty good shape for her age and she's been adjusting to her new space after a few hisses the first few days.  But I knew I couldn't keep her, and today thanks to Urban Cat Relief finding a wonderful adopter she's gone to her forever home.  A lovely man named Paul drove from Orillia to get her after reading about her plight on Facebook.  I liked him instantly and I know she will have a great whatever is rest of her life with him.
20 year old Bear

I wanted to share this picture of Teddy from three years ago when he still looked his best.  Yesterday the vet called to say he still wasn't eating, had a URI and anemia.  Avril and I went to visit him last night, it was so sad to see him curled looking so ill.  I've cried and cried trying to figure out what the right thing is to do, how far to go.  Today a decision needed to be made.  So I decided to try a feeding tube as a last ditch effort to save Teddy.  Time will tell whether Ted Ted can rally and recover.  I don't want to give up on him but don't want to see him suffer either.
Teddy in better days

No comments:

Post a Comment