Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Monday, July 21, 2014

Golf course mama has a home!

When I dropped off the golf course momma cat last week at the TNR clinic, I wasn't sure how tame she was.  Thankfully while she was recovering it became clear that she was friendly, so Andrea very kindly offered to foster her short term.
I took her over on Saturday and she settled in pretty quickly.  Although she growled a bit, she explored and was happy to be patted and fussed over.  Later that evening I got a call from Shiona, who was the one feeding her and her babies, and Shiona had decided that she wanted to adopt her.  What fantastic news!

It turns out her kittens are all females!  What a lot of kittens that would have been had they not been rescued.  Even though they are only six or seven weeks and their momma is friendly, they are remarkably very feral, Joanne is working hard and I know she will be able to turn them around.

I was at THS the other day and gratified to see kittens we had rescued up for adoption, and know that they won't be there long, all the kittens were being adopted very quickly.  It's good to have that reminder of why we do all this...

Yesterday I saw the nursing calico who I trapped and released with her kitten for the first time.  I'm worried the kitten might be old, I hope not, add another project to my list.

No comments:

Post a Comment