Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Tales of yard sales and kittens

Last night Steve reminded me it's been a while since I've posted.  What have I been doing?  Feeding feral cats, catsitting, moving kittens around, normal stuff.  THS had to bump my kitten appointments by a month due to overcrowding so there's been a bit of scrambling.  These two still need homes, fingers crossed my neighbours may adopt one as a companion to Lola, who they adopted from me last year.

Now which kitten would you choose?  Pepper, the playful male?

 Or Cinnamon, the outgoing female?  Both lovely kittens, how will they ever choose?

One of Carol's litter, who is currently with Sandi, got sick this weekend, and since that bunch are THS fosters, thankfully I was able to take him there but they kept him, and I've been so worried, but he's doing better and will be able to rejoin his siblings tomorrow.

Stubby is getting friendlier and friendlier, I can pat him all over and brush him, and even pulled out a couple of mats and lifted him off the ground.  I think he needs a home.

Last week I was very happy to see Morris and this week I saw my pal Penny.  I hadn't seen her for a month, she seemed a bit thin and skittish but ok, I guess it's just been too busy there for her.

This Saturday we are having our annual sale, so please come down to see us at 1101 Queen Street East from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.  Sandi's husband, Robbin, the uber salesman, will be there so we are sure to raise lots of money to help the cats.

This year has been odd for TNR, last year I managed to do a few big colonies quickly and easily, but this year I'm involved with a few situations, all with cats that are hard to trap or don't come to eat regularly.  Still we've TNRed 15 cats, rescued 39 kittens, rescued 6 adults, helped a couple of low income people and dealt with the Bowmanville situation (all 44 cats there!!) so it's not like I'm sitting around, although after the Buddy and Teddy month, I'm trying to maintain enough of a balance to stay sane.

Hope to see you on Saturday if you're around the east end of Toronto!

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I were in your area, and I did not already have 9 cats, I would have to take both - they are so cute - big kitty nuzzles for all you do to help the felines!!!!


    fellow cat blogger, Debby in USA

    http://homelesscatcare.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. If there is any way to get Cinnamon to Vancouver, I have a loving home for her here!

    ReplyDelete