Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Thursday, July 3, 2014

TNR without the N

Last weekend we were at one of our weekend feeding spots, the one where Mystery occasionally eats.  We hadn't seen her for quite a while but there she was with two new friends.  I hate seeing new cats, I always wonder where they come from.  I think they are Mystery's kittens from before we had her spayed.   The next couple of days I saw one of them so I decided I had better trap her.
Tuesday evening this one was there with Mystery so I set up the trap and no sooner did I walk away then she went in, and clearly was starving as she kept eating oblivious that the door had closed behind her.

As soon as I got close though it was obvious she was lactating so I felt I had to release her, I don't know how old the kittens are or where they are located.  Hopefully I will be able to trap her and her sister at a later date and get the kittens....

1 comment:

  1. Oh geez..more kittens. I have seen too many already this year. A lady in our town rescues moms and kittens (also fosters for our local shelter) and it is awful the stories of how they were found near death. Thank God for people like her and you. Hugs

    ReplyDelete