Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Thursday, August 21, 2014

I need a spreadsheet

This week I've felt that I needed a spreadsheet to keep track of all the cats and kittens movements, sometimes it's quite the exercise in logistics.  This morning I took cats to the vet, picked up cats from the vet, took others to THS, let's hope they all went to the right place LOL.

This weekend we found a lost cat in our very own neighbourhood, Steve had seen him Friday night at one end of the large park by our house, on Sunday he had travelled to the other end and was following people.  When we spotted him for the second time, so far away, we realized he was lost and corraled him into a carrier with no problem.  Oddly he had a collar but no ID information and isn't neutered, but really friendly.  I posted on line and put up found cat posters but nothing.  So today I took him to THS along with a bunch of kittens, although not all the ones that were originally going to go.
My found cat
At the last minute Pepper and Cinnamon found a home together, hooray, so another kitten of Susan's went in their place, and one of Michelle's kittens was also adopted.  And my adorable white kitten is going to his home tonight!  In the last week that makes four private adoptions and fourteen cats off to the THS to find their homes too.  My slate is almost clear.  Susan is picking up her new foster tonight, a tame kitten from Carol's and Clara is going to the sanctuary on Saturday.

The colony cats survived last weekend's reggaefest, the yard was jammed with cars and it was so noisy, luckily most of them are used to it, the newbies must find it a bit tough.

Have I mentioned how friendly Stubby has become?  I brush him every time and pat him, we all just love this fluffy orange boy with no tail.  I dream of finding him a home...
Stubby
I'm seeing Penny more regularly now, I'm happy about that, I always feel better when I see all of them when I feed.
Penny

No comments:

Post a Comment