Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Sunday, August 31, 2014

Back to cats

Well our holiday is over, although I was happy to have a break from feeding cats and scooping litter boxes, I went through severe fur withdrawal, we kept following people's dogs trying to get a pat in.  Thankfully yesterday we found a pet store with a cat for adoption.  At one point I got a text from our cat sitter saying she had found cat pee on the counter, eww, maybe I don't want to go home.  That's our Blinky with some behavioural issues, but the counter is a new low.  I did buy cat toys to bring home, though.  I wonder if anyone skypes with their cats while they are away...

Here are some pics of the colony that I TNRed last year that is near me.  Now that Gloria has moved, we are fortunate to be able to feed right next door, I feed one or two days a week and wonderful neighbours are doing the other days.


While I was away Connie trapped Picolo, one of the orange and white males in the Portlands, you can read more about it on her blog http://boomerandteikas.blogspot.ca/, I already got his brother Bobsey, and Carol trapped another of the older kittens.  I've got to get back to my long list of cats still to be trapped.  Somehow summer is over and before we know it we will be shivering as we feed.

No comments:

Post a Comment