Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Thursday, May 19, 2016

Like Christmas but with kittens

In my spare time between driving back and forth to Haliburton, clinics and foster homes, I responded to a Facebook post about a woman near me who had 14 kittens.  Jackie and I walked over and knocked on her door, a lovely elderly lady has 5 moms and yes 14 kittens.  She was grateful for help, so yesterday I picked up the 8 kittens that are old enough to leave mom and have promised to take the rest and get moms spayed.  On my way to Michelle I stopped to see my friends at Global Pet Foods to pick up supplies and see if they wanted to cuddle kittens.

In other news, we made the trip back to Haliburton on Monday to return some cats and pick up more. The colony is almost done!  And Clarence got adopted and returned, Tig escaped from Michelle's but miraculously found his way back to the colony and Arrow continues to worsen.  It's never a straight line in cat rescue, but the victories outweigh the setbacks.

No comments:

Post a Comment