Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Wednesday, May 25, 2016

RIP Arrow

Those of you who read my blog regularly know that Arrow hasn't been doing well for a while, her mouth has been swollen and she has been having trouble eating.  It's been heartbreaking watching her meow and struggle to eat and being unable to trap her to get her help.  Yesterday I decided to try again most of the boats are out and it was quieter.

I set up the drop trap and expected just to sit there like every other time, but I couldn't believe my eyes, after ten minutes Arrow went under the trap so I pulled and just like that I had her.  Connie rushed over to help me transfer and I fought rush hour traffic to get her to the vet before close.

When he sedated her this morning, as I suspected, he found a large tumour in her mouth, it was making it so her jaw couldn't open properly, she must have been in so much pain.  Arrow has crossed the rainbow bridge to be with her other feral friends, I'm relieved that she won't die slowly and painfully.

Arrow in better days

It's been seven years this May since I started feeding, I've had 20 cats die or disappear on my watch.  The colony now consists of ten cats, 6 at Hank's and 4 at the dumpsters, but such is the way when all cats are TNRed and age catches up with them.  Doesn't make it any easier emotionally though.

No comments:

Post a Comment