Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Oh my sore teeth

It feels like all cats need dental work these days!  I've still been unable to catch Hank but I've noticed that MC is thin and seemed to be having trouble eating.  Sandi and I were doing a cleanup today and I was able to get close enough to MC to quickly pick her up and get her into a carrier, so off to the vet she went.  She of course has a mouthful of terrible teeth, seems every middle aged feral does. Hopefully all will go well and this will give her years of a pain free life.
One of my own cats, Oliver, only two years old, has stomatitis, he had major dental yesterday.  My baby boy isn't as tough as Betty, who had the same thing and had her teeth removed, and Oliver had to stay at the vet overnight but still refused to eat.  This evening I went to get him and he was sooo happy to see me, he was terrified at the vet.  We got him home and he ate!
Twig is recovering, but we discovered that it wasn't just a URI she has pancreatitis, I will need to monitor her, it seems I have a houseful of lemons.

No comments:

Post a Comment