Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Sunday, October 30, 2016

The end of the Hank saga

Well dear friends I'm afraid this saga doesn't have a happy ending.  Today we set up the feeding station/trap and amazingly Hank went right in.  We rushed him to the vet where our worst fears were confirmed, he had a tumour in his jaw, so Hank has crossed the Rainbow Bridge to be with his friends.  At least he won't be in pain anymore or have to endure another winter.
Hank in better days
I've been feeding Hank for seven years, he lived to a ripe old age for a feral cat, thanks to having shelter and regular food, but it breaks my heart every time we lose one, I love them all.  Now we are nine.  Poor MC will come back to find her buddy gone....

No comments:

Post a Comment