Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Wednesday, October 19, 2016

The kittens have arrived!

Betsy's pregnant cat had her kittens yesterday, it's the first time Betsy has dealt with this, thankfully in most cases mom does all the work.  She quickly had two kittens, then after a delay another, and then a few hours later she delivered the last one, sadly it was stillborn.  The other three seem healthy though, so thankful she had her babies inside.  I posted her as found but no one has come looking for her.
I spent the entire day at Michelle's yesterday waiting for kittens to poo.  She is away and they finished their giardia meds so need to be tested.  Well I thought kittens pooed all the time.  I kept feeding them and feeding them, but after 7 hours only three had gone!  That was the best I could do.  They are so cute, but are four months old, now, they have had persistent URIs and then giardia.  Let's hope they are healthy now and can find homes!


In troubling news, one of Michelle's former fosters, who just moved a week or so ago, pushed open a window screen yesterday and is missing.  I hope she is found quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment