Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Cat bite!

Last evening Lesley and I went to a new west end colony that included a litter of kittens and an injured cat.  It all looked good when we arrived, kittens were contained, and mom and dad hanging around.  Mom was easily trapped but as I picked up the trap she started to cry out and next thing I knew her mate jumped on me I presume to protect her and bit me!  Cat bites are something I've always tried to avoid, they get infected so easily but this was something we never would have imagined.  We got kittens and mom, mopped up my blood, and decided that was enough for that location, the injured cat was nowhere in sight.

Of course we had another location to do near Bathurst and Sheppard so I slapped on some polysporin and a bunch of bandaids and we kept driving to another new colony.  We managed to trap 2 adults and 2 kittens but by the end my arm was throbbing so Lesley dropped me at the hospital.  Two horrible hours later I was sent home with huge doses of antibiotics and instructions not to do dishes or cook.  That part sounded ok.  My arm is swollen and sore (of course it's my right arm) so I've been chilling all day.  I really hope it heals up and I don't have to go back to the hospital!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks a lot for sharing us about this update. Hope you will not get tired on making posts as informative as this. why does cat bite me

    ReplyDelete