Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Thursday, January 19, 2012

I just can't get enough


Last week I got an email from someone who noticed some cats in an industrial area fairly close to my colony and was concerned about them. We met to investigate the situation. The cats were very skittish, but it seemed that some were eartipped and there was food being left for them.
Finally we discovered that some had been trapped and there were caregivers. What a relief. I thought for a couple of days that I would have to take on another colony. It's reassuring to know how many people care about cats. I may feed them occasionally, it's kind of on my route.
Yesterday when I arrived at Harry's Biff was meowing at the water bowl. It was totally frozen and he waited while I refilled it and immediately started to drink. I often wish my colony was right outside my back door so I could feed them and give them fresh water more often, especially in this weather.

1 comment:

  1. It's so hard caring for them in the winter. I know. We just do our best.

    ReplyDelete