Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Thursday, January 26, 2012

Some good news

After a pretty crappy week, I'm happy to be able to announce some good news:

From February 1 – 14 Global Pet Foods kicks off their annual Show Us Your Heart (Valentine’s themed) fundraising campaign, which raises money for animal shelters across Canada.


Beaches/Danforth/Lower Jarvis/York mills Global Pet Foods will be raising money for Cherry Street Cats and Big on Beagles this Valentine!


Donna who runs those four stores has been a great supporter of ours and I'm so appreciative that she has chosen our little rescue this year. It will be great to have some money for vet care and food for our guys.


I've spent the last two days during my lunch hours trying to find Jackson's body so that we can get him cremated. My wonderful boss even found a net and came down with me yesterday. We stirred the flotsam and jetsam trying to find him, without ourselves falling in, but the currents must have shifted since Steve saw him. I'll keep searching. It wasn't the same today feeding without Jackson rushing up for his bowl of food.

No comments:

Post a Comment