Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Sunday, October 28, 2012

Cat cafe in Tokyo

I thought after all the sadness it was time for a happier post.  My husband Steve just got back from a trip to Japan and of course had to check out a cat cafe there.  For 1000 yen an hour (about $12) you can go and get tea and sweets and hang out with the cats.  This cafe had about 20 rescued cats all living there.  They are very well cared for and there are rules about not bugging the cats who are sleeping or don't want to be bothered.  Good thing I didn't go with him, I would have been there every day.  Wish we had something like that here!







3 comments:

  1. I have read about the cat cafes in Japan and saw something on tv about them recently. I think it's an ideal way for someone who loves cats to spend some time with them. More importantly it provides a caring home for cats in need.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a wonderful idea, I wish people and the health department was less uptight about cats (and dogs) in stores where they sell food in North America.

    I have heard of a bed and breakfast where your room came with a cat companion. I think that's a lovely idea too.

    ReplyDelete