Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Jo is gone

It's been an entire month now since anyone has seen Jo, the tortie who lived at Harry's so I guess I have to declare her gone.  It's unlikely that she left of her own will.  I expect she got hit by a truck.  Poor Jo Jo, she was only a few years old.  Last year at this time seemed like the glory days, we had over 20 cats, the Star came out and interviewed me, we had six at Harry's including Tina and Jackson, it was so nice to have friendly cats.  Now at Harry's it's just three cats and two of them are pretty old.  It seems we lose about three cats a year, we are at 17 now.

I thought I would show you the desolate environment that Chloe and Petal were living in.  Petal was one thing as a feral, but to take your house cat to live here, despicable.  There is still Cookie left, his favourite cat, who he says he will take home, I really hope so.
Hank has that look that says he knows winter is coming and he's not looking forward to it.  We have a few older cats now and the winter will be hard on them.
 Bright Eyes always has it hard, runs over to eat, then runs away again.
 And look how barren it seems at Harry's now.
Minky, Socks and Lionel are managing even with all the dumpsters moving around.  These three have all had dental work, they had better live a long time, with that kind of investment.
Seeing how our ferals live is a constant reminder of how every cat TNRed or every kitten or tame cat rescued from a life on the street is a triumph.

No comments:

Post a Comment