Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Thursday, October 11, 2012

The new reality

It's been a tough week at the yard.  We can't feed at the tree anymore and there is construction everywhere, boats coming in, dumpsters moving around, chaos all around so it's hard to find a spot for the cats to eat, especially the dumpster group.

I've taken to going down on my way home from work to check on them even though they have already been fed, it's quieter after 5 but soon it will be dark then so don't know what I will do.
The poor cats have to eat here

Hank's is actually a great spot

A whole building was here a week ago, no wonder the cats aren't happy.
Pseudo has been beating up on Stubby so he hasn't been around.  I snuck around back last night and found him meowing away poor guy.  Food is disappearing at Harry's, it's just heartbreaking right now.  I'm just trying to take care of these poor cats, but so much is out of my control.  As any cat owner knows, cat don't like change.  I'll just keep trying to do the best I can.

On my rescue front, things have quieted down.  Neither Maria or Gayle had any luck trapping this week, I have a few rescues in foster care, an adopathon to take kittens to on Saturday, a new situation to check out, my own bunch at home, it's not like I'm bored.

No comments:

Post a Comment