Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Saturday, November 3, 2012

A very good rescue day

Well yesterday was a very good rescue day but unfortunately didn't allow for time to take good pictures.

A couple of days ago Tory called me to say an elderly woman she had met had a mother cat and kittens move onto her balcony.  She was quite distressed and didn't know what to do.  I checked things out and found a very friendly tabby momma and two cute but scared kittens, probably 7-8 weeks old.  Thankfully things worked out very well and Heather from TCR agreed to take the kittens and Tory's boss said she would adopt momma as her own cat had just died.

So yesterday I just needed to secure everyone.  Well it's sometimes easier said than done.  When I arrived momma wasn't there but the kittens were.  I couldn't get close enough to grab them so set up my trap.  I got one kitten immediately but the other ran off.  Momma came back and she was easy, into a carrier with a bit of Fancy Feast.  One kitten left, and we waited and waited.  Two hours later no luck.  We discovered the kitten was huddled in a chair, terrified to be left alone, so team Tory and I took the trap to the kitten and managed to nudge her in.  Hooray, three females off the streets, and into the warmth.  Momma went to the vet, kittens went to Heather, and that project is done.  Wish they could all be so easy.

Kitten safe at Heather's, the other is hiding behind

Momma cat on the way to the vet

1 comment:

  1. Love it, three more female cats fixed so they are not contributing to the cat over-population problem. Good for you, good for the woman who cared enough to find help for them and good for TCR for foster space.

    ReplyDelete