Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Thursday, November 15, 2012

Trapping failures

Last night I had three trapping missions scheduled, but they all were a bust.  Maria didn't get her last female, Gayle trapped the kittens who were already s/n but of course not the one we still need, and the other kittens and mom have gone AWOL and haven't been seen for days.  I don't feel good about not getting the kittens on Saturday, but not every trapping ends well.  Hopefully the mother cat just moved the kittens and we will be able to find them.  I was on a roll for a while, but there are always downturns in the trapping market.

Now that it's cold I won't do as much until spring, it's just too hard with the darkness, and it's hard on the cats, recovering after surgery and going back outside to freezing temperatures.  The trick is to get them early enough in the year before they get pregnant.  Last winter was so mild I do think it contributed to all the kittens this year.

On the plus side, Sandi and I rescued these two lovely seniors, both declawed and so affectionate.  Now they just need a home!



1 comment:

  1. a friend told me about your work. good for you! i have just moved to toronto from istanbul. i had a cafe there with 10 cats that came and went, so now i am going through kitty withdrawal. i would love to take a couple of kitties who are affectionate and preferably well behaved inside. my email is mollytas@gmail if you can get hold of me.

    ReplyDelete