Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Sunday, July 21, 2013

I'm an outlaw!

Well yesterday was quite the day.  It started with a phone call from a foster person saying her cat needed to be moved by today.  Of course I don't have any spots for adults, there are already too many kittens floating around.  I scrambled and finally have two options to move him to.

Then the kitten that I trapped this week (Frankie) and Joanne is fostering stopped eating so off to the vet he went, $250 later, and we still aren't sure what's up but he has some meds and ate a bit overnight so hopefully he will be ok.

I got a phone call in the afternoon from the cleaners who also feed Mystery saying they had one of her kittens so off I went to get the cutest little grey kitten.  I had been told that they were also seen across the street and spoke to the company on Friday so I went over to look and there was a kitten sitting in the grass.  I grabbed it and popped it into the carrier and was then accosted by a security guard.  I told him I had permission but he didn't seem to care and tried to take the carrier away from me to let the kittens go, saying since they were on that property they belonged there.  Then he threatened to call the police.  At this point I wanted him to, I was alone, and feeling a bit scared of this crazy guy.

Finally after we wrestled over the carrier for a while, he went off to find a supervisor, who never showed up.  He took my name and license number and I left with the two kittens, frustrated I couldn't get the other ones.  So ridiculous, why would he want to stop me from rescuing homeless kittens.  Guess I'm a a fugitive now.  Outlaw Robin, they call me, driving around, stealing kittens from industrial wastelands so they can live long happy lives in a home.

1 comment:

  1. Good grief, be careful of the control freaks out there!! Stealing cats, if only they were that valuable and not considered disposable by some people.

    ReplyDelete