Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Tuesday, July 30, 2013

142 cats helped and it's not even August!

Back to reality and back to work.  Mystery's five kittens have all been vetted and parcelled off to foster homes, Michelle has two, Grace has two, and Joanne has one for now.  One of the boys is tiny, half the size of the others, and had to separated as his sister was gobbling up all the food.  Thankfully they are proving to be somewhat easy to socialize.  I'm hoping to trap momma Mystery this week and put an end to her days of having kittens.  I've been told she has been having kittens for years but none of them are around so I wonder what happened, or should I say I prefer not to think about it.

Little Slate
Angus is my only adult foster, Kathleen is now taking care of him.  She has turned out to be a great foster parent, she has fostered two other cats who have now been adopted.  Poor Angus has a skin condition that I have to sort out, I already had his teeth cleaned.
Angus
This is the problem, I take on a cat or kittens and you never know what will come up in terms of vet bills, in July my rescue vet expenses have been crazy with Angus and sick kittens.  I just keep using my visa and will figure it out.  I already collect bottles from neighbours to return and cat sit, in addition to donations, and using my own savings.  I guess I can't expect to help the amount of cats I do and not have it cost a lot of money.  I hate even talking about money, but it's one of the limitations of this kind of work, that and foster space are the main ones.  I just did a quick tally and I've TNRed 42 cats so far this year and rescued 100 tame kittens and cats.  That's kind of crazy, but good crazy I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment