Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Back at it

It's been full steam ahead this week (and it's only Wednesday), I trapped two cats Monday night, discovered more kittens, moved a litter of kittens yesterday, fed ferals, the usual kind of thing.  On Sunday I was feeding for Jackie and saw this lovely young cat, not feral.  I felt terrible, all I had was a carrier and couldn't get her and she hasn't been seen since.  I hope I can rescue her!  It's hard to save them all, my real job gets in the way.
Salty
 I was happy to be back with my cats, I always miss them when I'm away.

Blinky helps with emails
Ernie is the king of the cat castle
Since we were unable to find any cats last week when we were on vacation, we had to find animals of some kind.  We were fortunate that someone told us about a beach where a number of seals hang out.  There were hundreds of them on a sand bar, adults, babies, all bellowing away.  It was an awe inspiring sight.  I could have sat there all day and watched them.


I have some really good news to report.  Howie has found a home!  A great home with loving people and other cats to hang out with, guess where, with Connie, his foster mom.  I can't say I was surprised when she emailed me with the news today.  Howie could not have found a better home!  That's three cats now that she has adopted because I called and asked her to foster.  No wonder she doesn't return my calls anymore LOL.  Adopting is definitely one of the hazards of rescuing and fostering.
Cinder and Howie in his forever home

No comments:

Post a Comment