Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Tuesday, September 3, 2013

A labour of love

Only for cats would I get out of bed early on a holiday Monday.  First I fed Puss, the cat I'm taking care of, then I drove off to rescue the mama cat and kittens that I got a call about the day before.

The very smart mother had stowed her kittens in a covered window well but that's no place to grow up.

My current hero, Michelle, who already has seven foster kittens, agreed to take this family in temporarily so they could be safe inside.


Mama clearly had a home at some point, when I arrived, she rubbed up against my legs, so friendly.  I just put some Fancy Feast in the back of a carrier and in she went, then it was just a matter of grabbing the kittens.  I think they are about three weeks old.  Easy peasy.  Now to find them a longer term foster home...poor Michelle can only take on so many.

No comments:

Post a Comment