Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Saturday, September 21, 2013

While I was away...

Steve and I were away this week on a long ago booked trip.  It was great to get away but relaxing isn't really one of my strong suits, and I found myself on my email frequently dealing with cat stuff.  I got back last night and did a meet and greet and the other adult from my recent rescue got adopted, so that's fantastic.

Joanne (thank you Joanne and Det for taking up the slack) caught these two cuties at Gloria's while I was away, still one more out there eluding our grasp and today was certainly not a good kitten catching day, way too rainy.

Storm and Blue
Cat rescue is funny, it's kind of addictive, and it's not really possible to walk away if you have ongoing situations and fosters but based on the meltdown I had before leaving I needed a break.  I was exhausted from rescuing, petsitting, the yard sale and then the Biffy news to top it all off.  Thankfully I went to a place where they don't have a cat crisis, in fact they had to bring i kittens, but the kittens brought ringworm with them, so we didn't even visit the shelter they have which is really just a house.  I don't even want to go near cats with ringworm, dealing with giardia in the past in my houseful of cats was enough.

Today I was back at it, feeding the ferals in the rain, and thankful that they all survived my absence.

1 comment:

  1. So glad you had a chance to get away and recharge your batteries!

    ReplyDelete