Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Survival

I tossed and turned last night, worrying about my ferals down there, I could hear the wind outside our windows and it would be so much worse by the water.

At least today was sunny and things always seem brighter in the daylight.  I went down on my lunch hour to feed, and it was not a pleasant feed.  The guys at Hank's are lucky and have a pretty snug spot.  Not so much at the dumpsters, it's a wind tunnel and I'm not sure where many of them sleep.

Overall though, thankfully, I saw most of the cats, they certainly looked cold.  Penny one of the new ones, wouldn't even come out of her shelter to eat so I put the food right beside it.  It doesn't help that there isn't a scrap of bare pavement there.   I have to be so conscious of my footing.

What a nasty winter it is, hope there is a respite soon, for all the creatures out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment