Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Saturday, January 4, 2014

Too cold for cats

It's been such a brutal week weather wise, it breaks my heart every time I go to feed the ferals.  

I found out about two separate situations with friendly cats living outside in this and had to do something to save them.  The first was a cat who was discovered in a garage on Christmas Day and although was being fed the homeowners couldn't take him in and couldn't find his home so off he went to the vet and then into a foster home.  

Gus
Gus making himself at home
And then there was a cat in Etobicoke being fed for the last few weeks behind an apartment building, but again nobody would take her in.  I couldn't sleep thinking about the cat being out there so when Tania so kindly agreed to help, we drove off to get her, and now she is safely at Tania's.  She is a bit shy but is coming around.
Bailey
Beautiful Bailey
I don't know what all these cats are doing outside in the winter, whether they were lost and nobody is looking for them or whether they were dumped, but it's just not right, at any time of the year but especially now.

My little Rosie who I have been fostering for the last few weeks, went to a wonderful home.  A friend of Jennifer's, whose cat coincidentally died the same day Rosie was found, met her yesterday and off she went.  I got an update this morning it sounds like a perfect match, Rosie settled right in and slept on the pillow beside her.  It's a good thing, I was getting attached, but I'm overjoyed she has such a great home and will get so much attention and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment