Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Wednesday, January 29, 2014

The cat express

It was a busy cat transport day but the best part was that I didn't have to do any of it.  A rescuer friend who moved to Niagara Falls recently of course has gotten involved with the ferals there and rescued a six month old kitten who she couldn't keep, so I said I will foster her.  Maybe it's because she reminds me a bit of Ernie.  Anyway, there was a lot of logistics involved but Bunny went from Niagara Falls to St. Catherine's to Scarborough to the vet today, now she is spayed and vetted and I will pick her up tomorrow.

Bunny
Another rescuer friend needed to move a cat who was being fostered so since Carolyn had a spot open we arranged to have Guido go there.  I briefly met this handsome guy today and then he got delivered to the west end (he started from Oshawa this morning).
Guido
I wonder how many kilometres these two cats logged today.  It's great that there is such a spirit of cooperation out there in the rescuing community.

Last night I left my trug outside the door when I got home and within minutes a smart raccoon showed up to pilfer the leftovers.  It was so cold I didn't have the heart to chase him away.  Somehow he managed to dig frozen canned food out of the bowls and eat it.  I try not to encourage raccoons but they too are just trying to survive this winter.



No comments:

Post a Comment