Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Friday, January 10, 2014

Why I do what I do

Rosie, now Lily, is clearly overjoyed at being in her new home, and based on the emails, it sounds like it goes both ways.  I couldn't be happier, and to think just a few weeks ago she was scrounging for garbage to eat in the frigid weather.  And Bailey and Gus, who were outside in this weather last week, are safe and warm in their foster homes.

So this is why I do what I do.  And what I remind myself of on those occasions when I think what I am doing with my life, but those are actually few and far between.  Certainly what I have come to think of as my vocation or perhaps more aptly my calling has meant that I don't have time for other things in my life, but at this point I wouldn't have it any other way, can't imagine what else I would do.  Go out for brunch?  Go to the mall on a Saturday afternoon?  No way, I'm a gladiator (those of you who watch Scandal will get the reference, I do fit in time for a bit of TV).

Rosie now Lily enjoying the good life

I fed my ferals today, I hadn't seen them since Tuesday and I saw all but two, they looked all right thankfully but almost like they have PTSD from the extreme cold, I wish I could bring them all somewhere to warm them up.

No comments:

Post a Comment