Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Pigpen seems like a fitting name for this kitten

Sometimes the best laid plans in cat rescue go awry....these two little kittens were living at an autobody shop, I'm not sure what happened to their mother, but they are the dirtiest kittens I've ever seen.  Thankfully they are very friendly and sweet.  I had a foster home all lined up for them but they had a sudden death in the family and I'm left with nowhere for them to go other than my place right now and unfortunately Blinky pees outside the litter box when kittens come to stay.  Still, how could I resist those faces!
Linus

Pigpen

I think that might be white fur under all that dirt

What a face!

At one of the other colonies I feed at, we've been feeding on private property for more than a year without any issues, but suddenly we've been kicked out due to complaints about the cats.  It's sheer ignorance but there was no arguing.  We are scrambling trying to find them another place to eat, it's so frustrating and heartbreaking, we just want to make sure these three cats have a safe place to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment