Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Friday, September 19, 2014

An 18 hour day

Wednesday was one of those marathon days that I haven't experienced since I worked in the film industry and I was a lot younger then.  It started with picking up a very reluctant Ian at 7 a.m. and off we went to Bayview and Sheppard to trap.  It was the first time I had been at the site and I felt a bit dismayed when we arrived and the cats were all kittens in fact but kittens just a few months too old to be rescued, sigh.

Not too young to be fixed though, so we set up a trap and I went around the corner.  I came back to check just five minutes later and bang we got a trifecta, 3 cats in one trap, first time ever.  And that was the end of that trapping.  Five minutes of trapping, two hours of driving.

The youngest kitten

I went to work (you know my actual job that has nothing to do with cats but pays me money to take care of cats) for a few hours and then over to a rooming house situation that I had just gotten involved with to help a sick cat.

After that I volunteered at the feral cat spay neuter clinic for the evening.  Another 50+ cats spayed and neutered including the three I brought in.  By the time I got to bed it was midnight and I was beyond beat.

Update: Two of the kittens are about six months and one is three to four months.  It looks as though the youngest one can be socialized.  Good news for the kitten, bad news for me, another foster home is needed.  I truly lucked out with Farrah, a wonderful woman saw her picture and is fostering her, Farrah is shy but a real cuddler.   Let's hope this little girl is as friendly.

No comments:

Post a Comment