Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Monday, September 15, 2014

Tortie time

I guess it's tortishell week.  Thursday night Maria from the west end trapped a cat that she thought was an older kitten born this spring.  Off she went to the clinic on Friday but lo and behold she is not feral.  The meowing should have been a tip off.  Raven can pat her with no problem.  Now I need to find somewhere for her to go.
And Susan has a tortie visitor too.  Her neighbour came home after being out for a short time to find this cat in a carrier on her porch.  Of course she called Susan, who took her in.  Can you believe it, just left a cat in a carrier on a porch?  I suppose I can believe it now.  This beauty is in heat, perhaps someone got her as a kitten and once they discovered how much it cost to spay her, abandoned her, but there is no explanation as to why there, on a quiet side street.

No comments:

Post a Comment