Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Saturday, September 27, 2014

Do what only you can do

Why do I keep forgetting my camera?!

Today I went out on what I thought was a simple call.  Another trapper asked me to talk to a woman she had been trapping for but they were at loggerheads and the woman was refusing continued help so the trapper thought perhaps a new face would help.

I took Joanne as backup but when we knocked on the door the woman yelled out I can't come to the door and when I asked what was a better time the only response was go away, followed by random screaming.  Then we saw three tiny kittens by the porch so what do you think we did, oh yes, we scooped them up and off we ran.

Only about four weeks old, and I hemmed and hawed and even took them to my vet but ending up taking them to the THS because one had a wound on its belly and to be honest I have so much going one with trapping and my ferals that adding three tiny kittens to my mix might send me over the edge.  As it is every day is a race.

THS will vet them and find them a foster home, they are friendly and eating on their own, no problem there.  I read a wise saying recently "do what only you can do".  I can't do it all so I need to focus on the things that only I can do.  Lots of people want to foster friendly little kittens, not many want to trap or feed ferals or clean out their shelters.

On that note, I trapped a female from the rooming house Thursday night and Carol trapped a female, woo-hoo.  And how many other people want to be standing in line at the THS at 630 a.m. with a feral cat in a trap.   Besides, I want to keep every cat I foster!

No comments:

Post a Comment