Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Thursday, April 16, 2015

My job is cats

I often wonder now how I was ever able to hold down a job and do all this cat stuff.  The feeding, trapping, rescuing, catsitting and caring for my own cats feels like a full time job plus already, and to think that I used to go to an office as well seems unbelievable.  I do know that I was always exhausting and always rushing from place to place, spending a lot of my work time on cat "work" and feeling that I was never able to give anything my proper attention.

I still feel tired, certainly I do this week, it was my second morning at the THS at 630 a.m., but I don't have the stress of the office and all that comes with that environment.  On Tuesday I trapped a female, sadly who was pregnant, and yesterday trapped this cat who doesn't look to be in the best shape.  Hopefully a spay or neuter will improve their quality of life.

Princess's kittens continue to thrive, three weeks old now.  I love seeing their progress from week to week.  Princess herself looks as grumpy as she did three weeks ago though, no progress with her.




My home cats continue to delight me, well most of the time.  I didn't enjoy getting up to find vomit on the wall.
Oliver and Apollo
 It's almost a year now that Buddy went AWOL, we are still so paranoid around doors and grateful every day that he's with us.
Buddy and Oliver help with some home repairs

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean about cat care being so time-consuming. I'm sorry Princess is grumpy. You are doing really great things to rescue kitties. And spaying really does improve their lives.

    Check out my cat blog for archived stories about the abandoned/feral cat colony I manage.

    http://homelesscatcare.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete