Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Thursday, April 23, 2015

Saving Sammy from the street

I know I've mentioned before in my blog about the cats behind a rooming house that Andrea and I have been helping since last year.  Eight tame cats pulled out, three cats TNRed, and just two weeks ago we rescued what I hope is the last friendly one there.

We had been seeing Sammy only occasionally for months, and then we finally determined that one of the neighbours was occasionally feeding him but couldn't adopt him.  Last week Andrea scooped him up and took him home to wait for an intake appointment at THS.  Sammy proved to be as friendly as he seemed, and thankfully THS took him this week.  I don't know if anyone of you have ever had an unneutered male cat in your house, but the smell is unreal.  I am so pleased to see that he is already up for adoption!  


Frustratingly, though, yet another instance where we can't find anyone living there who will feed the three remaining cats.  Apparently there have been kittens there for years and years, thanks to Andrea and I no more.  I have to thank Andrea profusely, she is the one who housed each of the tame cats, without her we couldn't have helped them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment