Who we are

Cherry Street Cats is me (Robin), my husband Steve, Sandi, Michelle, Verena, Vinyse, Derek, Kent, and Connie, a group of dedicated cat lovers who care for a colony of feral cats in the east end of Toronto. I also have a great rescue team of Lesley, Joanne, and Susan. Together we do our best to make the lives better for feral and homeless cats and kittens. 900+ cats helped in nine years!



Monday, August 24, 2015

A very productive week

I was working on two colonies last week and got lots accomplished.  Down at the colony near ours, I went down numerous times, and managed to trap two females and three kittens.  I went back this morning but they seem to be spooked by me so I'll take a break and let them get back to their normal routine.  Isn't this one cute?  And female, unusual for an orangie.
Thursday evening I went to the other colony near me, and with the help of my new remote trigger device trapped two cats.  It's a colony of all black and white cats where the majority are already spayed and neutered so it's tricky to only get the ones you want, but we managed to get two females who hadn't been spayed.  Thank god for ear tips.

So four females spayed and three kittens rescued in one week, not too shabby...

No comments:

Post a Comment